Skip to main content

Never Be Somewhere You Can't Say No

I was deeply impacted by the concept of never being somewhere I cannot say no, especially to something that is dangerous for moral or ethical reasons. I greatly appreciated this concept and believe that this will be something that I will keep at my center. I must work to create a better me by instilling this principle and the many others I learned. It is true that as a entrepreneur our ability to manage a business and family time is very difficult and I hope to learn more of time management in the hopes that this will bless my family and future. I hope to learn more about how to make money in a wise way and how to use it correctly like Jim, I really respect him and love the idea of retiring at 35 and serving for the rest of my life. I have set the goal that My wife and I will retire at the age of 45, maybe 7-8 years sooner than my father is going to retire, he is planning to retire at the age of 53-54 as a financially independent adult. I hope to learn these strategies and especially how to invest, I really must become more acquainted with how to invest money.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good habits cleaves to good company and good living as well.

This course so far has been great to me, I have learned so much this past week about the importance of habits and how to become a successful person. I believe that by being ethical in all of my decisions and perusing the path of mastery in all areas of my life by applying good habits that I can be successful and bring much joy to my family as well as the world. Entrepreneurship is not a easy course and is not for everyone, but I have a dream and believe that this course has been invaluable to me personally. I look forward to learning how to actually manage and run a business, what is it really like to go all in?  I also hope that by following the advice of my own mentors that I will be able to better myself and my wife and I's entrepreneurial endeavors. I loved learning about the 7 highly effective habits of successful people and found that by looking into myself that I could see different qualities that I liked and other ones that I wish to better. The talk by Gordon B Hinkley w...

We can do it, but not at the expense of Family

I enjoyed and was slightly surprised by the talk that essentially told us that to be a Entrepreneur is not for everyone and that start-ups are not recommended for couples. I believe that there was a lot of sense in doing what they all recommended especially the parts about never compromising God, family, and spouse relations. Businesses require a great amount of time and effort so it can easily encroach on family time and church, but when properly regulated, businesses can bring great happiness and financial blessings to not only the family but also to many other Children of our Heavenly Father. I also enjoyed the video of Wences when he declared that being a Entrepreneur isn't what we do, it is what we are! Such a mindset is sure to bring about success and happiness in all righteous endeavors. The entrepreneur has a great ability to bring about good and bless the live through both consumers and employees. I believe that to be a good entrepreneur one has to be good at building ot...

People who execute are number one

I have enjoyed learning about the attitude of a successful entrepreneur and that profits do not define the success of a business. I have thoroughly enjoyed learning that the attitude for success is a win-win situation by leading with our examples and through love. By doing our best to bless the lives of others and listening to what they need rather than simply trying to guess at what they want, we will experience success in our various occupations and start-up attempts. Because of this course my wife and I are now contemplating the idea of creating our first little business, a small restaurant! Plans are being made as we apply what we have learned and we hope that what we are going to learn will help to fill in the gaps that we have right now. This week I learned about the attitude of executing orders and commands to the best of my abilities. I have learned that by being proactive I will differentiate myself from others and that I can gain other people's respect by doing rather tha...